Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund (USTCF)
Payment Forms and Information
Once the claim is determined eligible and funding is available, a Letter of Commitment (LOC) is issued. The claimant will receive a copy of the LOC and a reimbursement request package. This package will include information and forms that are needed to complete the reimbursement request. The Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund (Fund) reimburses eligible corrective action costs paid or incurred for cleanup work performed after January 1, 1988, that was the result of an unauthorized release of petroleum from a underground storage tank (UST) that caused contamination of soil and/or groundwater. Corrective action costs include preliminary site assessment, soil and water investigations, corrective action implementation and verification monitoring after the cleanup is completed. The Fund does not cover the removal, repair, retrofit or installation of USTs. Funds are disbursed only after costs are actually incurred.
Important! Please allow 6-8 weeks to receive a check from the date the claim appears on the Payments Released list.
- New! The Fund is striving to decrease the processing time of reimbursement request packages. To accomplish this, the Fund has developed the Payment Processing Improvement Plan to address the issue. The plan is currently being implemented by the program.
- Accounts Receivable Process
- Reasons an RR Package Will Be Returned
- Procedures for Reissuance of Lost Reimbursement Check
- Returned RR Packages - Reasons for Returns
- Uploading of Site Information to Geotracker
- Designation of Reasonable and Necessary Reimbursable Costs and Upcoming Additional Changes
- 1099 Tax Form Inquiries - Email Sandhya Samant, Accounting Officer
- Pending Costs
- Suspension of Reimbursement Requests (RRs)
- Geotracker and Electronic Filing
- RR Review and Payment Process Flowchart
- Invoice Standard
- Payment Status
- Proof of Payment
- Carrying Cost Information
Other Resources and Links