- OPCERT Home
- Advisory Committee
- Contract Operators
- Email Subscriptions
- Exam Waiver (Reciprocity)
- Exemption of Class I WWTP
- Plant Classification
- Provisional Operator
- Site Index
- Division of Financial Assistance Home
Office of Operator Certification
The mission of the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) is to preserve and enhance the quality of California's water resources and ensure their proper allocation and efficient use for the benefit of present and future generations. One aspect to accomplishing this mission is to ensure that operators of wastewater treatment facilities in the State meet the minimum level of competence; thereby, protecting the public health and the environment. The Legislature has given the State Water Board this responsibility.
The State Water Board adopted regulations to define the experience and training requirements necessary to meet the minimum levels of competence. To administer this responsibility, the State Water Board established the Office of Operator Certification in the Division of Financial Assistance.
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||NEXT SCHEDULED EXAM|
|February 10, 2015||April 11, 2015|
(Must be RECEIVED by the deadline.)
|Public Listing of Certified WWTP Operators|
Provides a list of Certified WWTP Operators by County, Grade Level, etc.
- Updated FAQs
- November 5, 2014 - Advisory Committee Meeting - English | Spanish
- As of July 1, 2014, the Drinking Water Operator Certification Program transitioned from the California Department of Public Health to the State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Financial Assistance. For additional information regarding this transition, please see the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Drinking Water / Wastewater Comparison Fact Sheet
- Newsletter - Winter/Spring 2014
- Updated Examination Equivalents and Formulas Sheet
- The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) has revised its regulations in chapter 26 of division 3 of title 23 of the California Code of Regulations, regarding wastewater treatment plant classification, operator certification, and contractor registration for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification Program. The regulations are effective April 1, 2013.
Questions or Comments?
State Water Resources Control Board
Wastewater Operator Certification
P.O. Box 944212
1001 I Street, 17th Floor
Sacramento, CA 94244-2120
Phone: (916) 341-5819
Fax: (916) 341-5734