State Water Board Drought Year Water Actions
EMERGENCY CONSERVATION REGULATIONS
SAVE WATER by Turning off Outdoor Irrigation Systems During Rainy Periods and Reducing Watering Times During the Cooler Weather
State Water Board Adopts Statewide Emergency Conservation Regulations
- July 29, 2014 - Office of Administrative Law Approved Emergency Water Conservation Regulations
- July 29, 2014 - Fact Sheet on Approved Regulations
- July 28, 2014 - Frequently Asked Questions
- Conservation Reporting Information
- General Water Conservation Tips and Information on Water Use Efficiency
- December 2014 Urban Water Conservation Workshop (including written comments)
- February 2015 Urban Water Conservation Regulation Input and Potential Next Steps
To report wasteful practices in your work or residential neighborhoods, please contact your water supplier.
For more information on your water supplier, please use the Water Supplier Locator Tool.
To report wasteful practices at State facilities, please use the Department of General Services’ online reporting system at: http://saveourh2o.org/report-water-waste.
Contact the State Water Board's drought hotline for questions on drought-related activities including general questions on the emergency regulations: (916) 341-5342.
Proposed Emergency Regulations for Water Conservation
On July 15, 2014 the State Water Resources Control Board approved an emergency regulation to ensure water suppliers, their customers and state residents increase water conservation in urban settings.
- July 16, 2014 - Adopted Resolution and Emergency Regulations - [en Español]
- July 15, 2014 - Press Release: State Water Board Approves Emergency Regulation to Ensure Agencies and State Residents Increase Water Conservation - [en Español]
- Staff Presentation for Item 10 - July 15, 2014 Board Meeting
- July 14, 2014 - Public Comments Received
- July 8, 2014 - Notice of Proposed Emergency Rulemaking
- July 8, 2014 - Proposed Emergency Regulations
- July 8, 2014 - Emergency Regulations Digest
- July 8, 2014 - Media Call on Emergency Water Conservation Regulations (.mp3):
Part 1 (1:03:00 22.28MB) | Part 2 (00:34:48 14.31MB)
Contacts for Additional Information or Questions
Email is preferred. Please be specific regarding your request, whether it is an interview request or question. Thank you.
|George Kostyrko, Director
Office of Public Affairs
|Timothy M. Moran
Public Information Officer