Ocean Standards - CWA §316(b) Regulation
THERMAL DISCHARGES - COOLING WATER INTAKE STRUCTURES
PERMITTING OF AFFECTED POWER PLANTS
SAN ONOFRE NUCLEAR GENERATING PLANT
The Policy is implemented through NPDES permits. The State Water Board will reissue or, as appropriate, modify NPDES permits issued to owners or operators of existing power plants, after a hearing in the affected region, to ensure that the permits conform to the provisions of the Policy. The State Water Board will reopen, if necessary, the relevant permits and modify the final compliance schedules, if appropriate, based on modifications to the Policy.
- Overview - Presentation to the Review Committee - March 28, 2011
- Clean Water Code §13383 Letter, November 17, 2010
- Confidentiality Letter
- Once-Through Cooling Special Studies and Interim Requirements Response
- Cooling Tower Feasibility Study - 2009
- Comprehensive Demonstration Study - 2008
Questions or Comments
- Permitting Issues - email Renan Jauregui or phone (916) 341-5505
- Policy Issues - email Shuka Rastegarpour or phone (916) 341-5576
Receive updates and meeting notifications by email. Subscribe on line to the Ocean Issues – Once-Through Cooling listserv.