Financial Assistance Programs – Grants and Loans
Proposition 84 Stormwater Grant Program
The Public Resources Code (PRC) requires that the Proposition 84 Stormwater Grant Program (SWGP) funds be used to provide matching grants to local public agencies for the reduction and prevention of storm water contamination of rivers, lakes, and streams. The Legislature may enact legislation to further define this grant program. Assembly Bill (AB) No.739 (Statutes 2007, Chapter 610) was chaptered on October 13, 2007, and further defines the Proposition 84 SWGP.
AB 739 requires the development of project selection and evaluation guidelines for the Proposition 84 SWGP, and provides additional information regarding types of projects eligible for funding. AB 739 also requires creation of a Stormwater Advisory Task Force that will provide advice to the State Water Board on its Stormwater Management Program that may include program priorities, funding criteria, project selection, and interagency coordination of State programs that address storm water management.
- New! Round 2 Approved Funding List
- New! SWGP Awards Summary Sheets
- Revised Proposition 84 Stormwater Grant Program Guidelines – Adopted August 20, 2013
- Round 2 Funding Information and Anticipated Schedule
|Eligible Applicants:||Local Public Agencies|
|Eligible Project Types:||Projects designed to reduce and prevent stormwater contamination of rivers, lakes, and streams.|
|Funding Available:||Approximately $38 million for Round 2 Implementation Projects.|
|Funding Source:||Proposition 84|
|Loans or Grants:||Grants|
|Applications:||Planning and Monitoring: Awarded
Round 1: Awarded
Round 2: Awarded
Division of Financial Assistance
- NEW! Time Lapse video of the City of Santa Barbara's Prop 84 SWGP LID Stormwater Infiltration Project – Oak Park Parking Lot.
- NEW! Application Attachment Resources
- Regional Board Contacts for the SWGP
- Grant Agreement Implementation Template
- SWGP Round 2 Agenda Item
- SWGP Round 2: Resolution
- The SWGP Planning and Monitoring Resolution
- SWGP Planning and Monitoring – Workshop for New Grantees Presentation (08/29/12)
- SWGP Implementation Full Proposal Workshop Presentation and Recording
- SWGP Implementation Full Proposal BUDGET TABLE is provided in Excel format.
- The Division compiled frequently asked questions (FAQs) from Round 1 SWGP applications, and has updated the FAQs to include new information for Round 2. See the FAQs.
- U.S. EPA Green Infrastructure Management Homepage
- Assembly Bill (AB) No. 739 (Statutes 2007, Chapter 610)
- Examples of Previously Funded Low Impact Development (LID) Projects
The projects are provided as examples of LID projects funded under various State Water Board programs, and the specific projects shown may not be eligible for the Proposition 84 SWGP.
- USEPA Low Impact Development (LID) "Barrier Busters" Fact Sheet Series.
- City of Santa Rosa: LID Technical Design Manual
- See older reference material on the Archive page.
- Proposition 84 SWGP Round 1 Funding List
- Full project descriptions can be found on the FAAST Public Search Tool