Toxics TMDL for San Diego Creek and Newport Bay
Selenium TMDL and Site-Specific Objectives
Metals TMDLs (Copper)
- Metals Sediment Study in Lower Newport Bay (Post-dredging) Final Report - March 2014
- Lower Newport Bay Copper-Metals Marina study - Final Report - July 2007
- Lower Newport Bay Copper-Metals Marina study - SETAC Presentation - May 2008
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 9: Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs) for Toxic Pollutants, San Diego Creek and Newport Bay
Established June 14, 2002
The USEPA, Region 9, has established TMDLs for toxic pollutants in San Diego Creek and Newport Bay. The final Toxic Pollutant TMDL summary document and related Technical Support Documents are available on the EPA Region 9 web site.
Scroll to "San Diego Creek/Newport Bay Toxics TMDLs"
Additionally, the documents are available here. The final TMDL documents include:
Summary TMDL Document (89 pages of text and tables)
Technical Support Documents:
- Part A - Relevant Maps
- Part B - Freshwater Flow and Seasonal Variations
- Part C - Organophosphate Pesticides
- Part D - Selenium
- Part E - Metals
- Part F - Organochlorine Compounds
- Part G - Chromium and Mercury
- Part H - Decision Document
- Part I - Responsiveness Summary
Written copies are available to the public by contacting the USEPA Region 9 Offices in San Francisco or Peter Kozelka of the USEPA at (415) 972-3448 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board will consider the incorporation of the USEPA technical toxics TMDLs into the Water Quality Control Plan, Santa Ana River Basin at a later date. For questions regarding the incorporation process, please contact Wanda Cross at (951) 782-4468.