- Overview of the Water Boards
Describing what the State Water Board and the Regional Water Boards do and our goals.
- Mission of the Regional Water Boards
To preserve and enhance the quality of California's water resources for the benefit of present and future generations.
- Function of the Regional Water Boards
The primary duty of the Regional Board is to protect the quality of the waters within the Region for all beneficial uses. This duty is implemented by formulating and adopting water quality plans for specific ground or surface water basins and by prescribing and enforcing requirements on all agricultural, domestic and industrial waste discharges. Specific responsibilities and procedures of the Regional Boards and the State Water Resources Control Board are contained in the Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act., 1.44 MB*, PDF (PDF info).
Central Valley Regional Water Board Information
- Overview of the Central Valley Regional Water Board
- New! Central Valley Regional Board Brochure, 4.54 MB*, PDF (PDF info)
- Map of the Central Valley Region, 81 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Board Members and Executive Management
- Organizational Charts
- Executive Officer's Reports to the Board
- Phone List
- Contact Us
- Additional Board Information
*Downloading Large Files
Please allow sufficient time for the file to download completely. Depending on your internet connection service, browser version and computer speed, downloading may take 15 minutes or more for files that are larger than 1 MB. Some browsers, such as certain versions of Internet Explorer, do not show the progress of the download, making it appear that nothing is happening.