GAMA – Groundwater Ambient Monitoring & Assessment Program
Water Quality in Private Domestic Wells
Domestic well water is typically used by single family homeowners for private use and consumption. It is the responsibility of the well owner to ensure that their domestic well water is safe, since the State of California does not regulate domestic well water quality.
You may have concerns about the water from your domestic well. The webpage is divided into the following sections to help you find important information about domestic wells:
- Testing your well water
- How to address well water quality problems?
- Domestic well checklist
- Additional domestic well information
- Guide for Domestic Well Owners
- Guía para los dueños de Pozos Domésticos
- GAMA Domestic Well Project