GAMA - Groundwater Ambient Monitoring and Assessment Program
The Groundwater Ambient Monitoring and Assessment Program's mission is to provide data, information, and tools to enable the public and decision makers to better assess groundwater quality and quantity.
- USGS releases the location and population served by domestic wells dataset (2015)
- Well Completion Reports - Now available through the Department of Water Resources website
- PAC Meeting - Monday, October 19, 2015
- USGS Releases Groundwater Quality Trend Data in 15 GAMA Study Units (2015)
- USGS Releases Mojave Region Water Quality Study (2015)
- LLNL Releases California Special Study: An Investigation of Nitrate Sources in Chico (August 2015)
- LLNL Releases CA GAMA Study: Development of Capability for Analysis of Krypton-85 in Groundwater Samples (June 2015)
Please stay tuned for updates to our GAMA website.
- GeoTracker GAMA Online Database
- GeoTracker GAMA Tutorial (coming soon!)
The GeoTracker GAMA groundwater information system integrates and displays water quality data from various sources on an interactive Google-based map. Analytical tools and reporting features help users assess groundwater quality and identify potential groundwater issues in California.
- Fact Sheets
- Fact Sheets
The State Water Board and USGS have prepared fact sheets to help the public and other agencies understand the activities associated with the GAMA Program.
- Reports to the Legislature
- Priority Basin Project
- Domestic Well Project
- Special Studies Project
- GAMA in the News
- Other Groundwater Reports
- Assemply Bills & Related Reports
- California Aquifer Susceptibility Project
- Water Quality Criteria Tables
- GAMA Presentations
- Department of Water Resources
- Department of Pesticide Regulation
- Well Owners
Keep up-to-date on State Water Board GAMA activities. Subscribe to the "Groundwater Ambient Monitoring & Assessment (GAMA)" email list (in the "Water Quality" section).
Questions or Comments?
Email us at GAMA@waterboards.ca.gov or call (916) 341-5585
Groundwater Ambient Monitoring & Assessment Program
State Water Resources Control Board/Division of Water Quality
1001 I Street, 15th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Fax: (916) 341-5463