Central Valley Regional Water Board Announcements
- Next Regional Board Meeting - 30/31 May 2013
Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board
11020 Sun Center Drive #200
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670-6114
- Press Release! Central Valley Water Board Implementing Enforcement Actions for Alleged Unpermitted Discharge of Hydraulic Fracking Waste, 144 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- New! Notice of Public Hearing and Notice of Filing of Draft Environmental Documents - Diazinon and Chlorpyrifos TMDLs and Basin Plan Amendment, 5.08 MB*, PDF (PDF info)
- Meeting Notice: - Progress Update on the Central Valley Dairy Representative Monitoring Program - 5 March 2013
- Press Release! - Central Valley Water Boards Adopts Waste Discharge Requirements for Irrigated Lands, 246 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Meeting Notice: - 16th Meeting of the Groundwater Monitoring Advisory Workgroup, 11 December 2012
- Press Release! - State Water Board Directs Sacramento County Sanitation District to Upgrade Sewage Treatment to Protect Human Health and Aquatic Life, 362 KB, PDF (PDF info)
District must Comply with Regional Water Board Permit
- Press Release! -Penalties Totaling $1.3 Million Proposed for Tracy Dairy, Properties Controlled by Henry J. Tosta, 262 KB, PDF (PDF info)
Central Valley Water Board Executive Officer proposes penalties for violations of Cleanup and Abatement Orders
- Henry J. Tosta (dba Henry Tosta Dairy) and Henry J. Tosta Trust
- Henry J. Tosta dba Reeve Road Heifer Ranch and Echeverria Brothers Dairy General Partnership
- Public Notice! - Preparation of Notice of Applicability for In-Situ Groundwater Remediation at Sites with Volatile Organic Compounds, Nitrogen Compounds, Perchlorate, Pesticides, Semi-Volatile Compounds and/or Petroleum Compounds The Central Valley Water Board has issued a Notice of Applicability to allow the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and the San Joaquin Council of Governments (SJCOG) to be covered under General Order No. R5-2008-0149 for in-situ remediation of groundwater in the planned alignment of the State Route 4 Ramp Extension project located at 2341 Navy Drive. The project consists of injecting approximately 30,000 gallons of modified Fenton’s reagent over a twelve month period at two locations on the site. The main goal of this project is to reduce residual concentrations of Methyl tert-Butyl Ether (MtBE).
- Now Available! - 2012 Pulse of the Delta
The Pulse of the Delta is intended as a “voice” for the fledgling Delta Regional Monitoring Program. This second edition includes a keynote article on the benefits of regional monitoring and incudes management updates on the Delta RMP, U.S. EPA’s Bay-Delta Action Plan, and Nutrient Numeric Endpoints for the estuary. This year’s feature articles shine a spotlight on new research that may help wetland managers in the Delta reduce the methylmercury problem and showcase the history and future of the IEP in the context of the historic and future ecosystem. New this year is a status and trends section that highlights the latest monitoring results and tracks lead indicators for water quality and ecosystem health in the Delta.
- Meeting Notice: Delta Regional Monitoring Program Steering Committee Meeting
- Press Release! - City of Ione Faces $143,552 Penalty for Failure to Comply with Cease and Desist Order, 67 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Press Release! - $50,600 Penalty Imposed on Farming Operation for Waste Discharge Violations in Stanislaus County, 58 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Press Release! -Central Valley Water Board Issues Complaint to Merced County Dairy, 43 KB, PDF (PDF info)
Executive Officer Proposes $272,928 Penalty to Dairy for Illegal Disposal of Cow Carcasses and Illegal Discharges of Wastewater
- Eastern San Joaquin River Watershed Tentative WDRs and MRP for Discharges from Irrigated Lands
- Press Release! - Central Valley Water Board Issues Cleanup and Abatement Orders, 17 KB, PDF (PDF info)
Overflowing Manure Storage Area and Illegally Buried Dead Cows Threaten Shallow Groundwater
- Cleanup and Abatement Order No. R5-2012-0708 Issued to Henry J. Tosta (dba Henry Tosta Dairy) and Henry J. Tosta Trust, San Joaquin County, 39 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Cleanup and Abatement Order No. R5-2012-0709 Issued to Henry J. Tosta dba Reeve Road Heifer Ranch and Echeverria Brothers Dairy General Parnership, San Joaquin County, 41 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Central Valley Water Board Public Workshop to discuss activities related to CV-SALTS in Fresno 12 June 2012
- Agenda, 12 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Notice of Public Workshop, 131 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Central Valley Salinity Alternatives for Long-Term Sustainability (CV-SALTS)
- 14th Meeting of the Groundwater Monitoring Advisory Workgroup, 15 May 2012
- Eastern San Joaquin River Watershed Draft WDRs and MRP for Discharges from Irrigated Lands
- Press Release! -Central Valley Water Board issues Cleanup and Abatement Order, 61 KB, PDF (PDF info)
More than 50 Dead & Decomposing Cows Found at Merced County Dairy
- Update of Compliance & Enforcement Activities to the Board, 1.87 MB*, PDF (PDF info)
- Enforcement Page - For more information about Enforcement activities.
- The State of the Central Valley Region, 4.69 MB*, PDF (PDF info)
Executive Officer Pamela Creedon's presentation at the 1/2 December 2011 Board Meeting.
- Meeting Notice: - Progress Update on the Central Valley Dairy Representative Monitoring Program
- Long-term Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program Q&A Document, 60 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Regional Board Meeting Dates for 2012
- The 2011 Draft Phase II Small MS4 General Permit Comment Deadline has been Extended - Written Comments are due at Noon on Thursday September 8, 2011.
- Meeting Notice: - Central Valley Dairy Representative Monitoring Program - 21 July 2011, 34 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Opportunity for Public Comment - Comment Deadline 25 July 2011
Draft Monitoring and Reporting Workplan and Monitoring Well Installation and Sampling Plan, Central Valley Dairy Representative Monitoring Program
- Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District NPDES Permit Petitions and Responses
- Notice of Availability - Final Program Environmental Impact Report for a Long-Term Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program
- Recommended Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program Framework and Notice of Publice Hearing, March 2011
- Notice of Availability - Draft Initial Study/Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration - February 2011 - Opportunity for Public Comment
- Turning Waste to Renewable Resources - Joint State Agency Effort Furthers State's Green Energy Agenda, 70 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- 9th Meeting of the Groundwater Monitoring Advisory Workgroup, 26 October 2010
- Sacramento Regional Sanitation District Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Summary of Tentative NPDES Permit, 18 October 2010, 35 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Summary of Tentative NPDES Permit, 18 October 2010, 35 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Hilmar Cheese Company, Inc. - History and Status of Enforcement and Permitting
- Central Valley Water Board Expands Irrigated Lands Program to Protect Ground Water, 44 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Notice of Availability - Draft Program Environmental Impact Report for the Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program - Opportunity for Public Comment
- Central Valley Regional Board Brochure is now available for download
- Groundwater Quality Protection Strategy for the Central Valley Region "Roadmap" is now available for public review and comments
- Notice! The 22 March 2010 - Central Valley Pesticide TMDL and Basin Plan Amendment Public Meeting has been Canceled
- State and Local Agencies Turn Focus to Promoting Renewable Energy from Dairy Waste Throughout the Central Valley
- 23 February 2010 San Joaquin River DO TMDL Stakeholder Meeting
- Joint Public Workshop Concerning Water Quality and Regulatory Issues Associated with Inactive Mines and Timber Harvest (Silviculture) and Rural Roads Regulatory Program Administered by the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board
- The State of the Central Valley Region, 1.7 MB*, PDF (PDF info)
Executive Officer Pamela Creedon's presentation at the 8 October 2009 Board Meeting.
- 24 September 2009 Central Valley Salinity Leadership Group Meeting
The Central Valley Salinity Leadership Group will hold their next annual meeting on 24 September 2009 from 1:30 – 3:30 at the Sacramento City Council Chanbers, 915 I Street, Sacramento (across the street from CALEPA). This meeting is open to the public. For more information, see www.cvsalinity.org.
- Developing a Groundwater Strategy to Protect the Beneficial Uses of Groundwater in the Central Valley
- Ammonia Summit - Assessing the Role of Ammonia in the Delta and Suisun Bay Ecosystem, 18-19 August 2009
- CV-SALT News: Draft Compliance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan Available
- Draft: SWAMP Recreation Use Study Report - Labor Day Weekend 2008
- Proposed Revisions to the 303(d) List of Impaired Water Bodies and Consideration of an Integrated Assessment Report for the Central Valley Region
- CALFED Science Program Workshop
The CALFED Science Program is sponsoring a workshop to develop a research framework to assess the role of ammonia/ammonium on the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and Suisun Bay ecosystem.
- Central Valley Water Board’s Irrigated Land Regulatory Program Issues Orders to Kern River Sub-Watershed Growers, 45 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Governor Approves Early Transfer of Property at the Davis Global Communications Site to Yolo County, 48 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Central Valley Water Board Identifies Land Owners Who Are Not Participating in Regulatory Program, 43 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- California Uniform Site Assessment Tools, 665 KB, PDF (PDF info)
A tool for assessing if a site investigation is complete with respect to all potential exposure pathways.
- New Spill Reporting Requirements - Effective Immediately, 161 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- State Water Board Approves Funding to Help Central Valley Farmers Protect Water Quality
- Water Board Revises Rule to Seek Additional Fees from Farmers to Join Irrigated Lands Coalitions
- Conditional Waiver of Waste Discharge Requirements for Disaster-Related Wastes During a State of Emergency
- Draft Strategic Work Plan for Activities in the Bay-Delta
- Summary of Issues and Activities Related to Ammonia in the Delta
- Draft Regional Board and US Bureau of Reclamation MAA to Address Salinity
- Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards (GEELA)
California's most prestigious environmental honor is given only to those who promote two of California's biggest values - our thriving economy and our environmental leadership. Individuals, organizations, and businesses that deserve to be recognized are encouraged to apply.
- California Water Plan Update - Get Involved!
- The State of the Central Valley Region
Executive Officer Pamela Creedon's presentation at the 2 August 2007 Board Meeting.
- California Storm Water Toolbox
Storm water pollution reduction tools for residents, community and civic groups, educators, municipalities and public agencies.
- Current Public Notices
- Enforcement Announcements
State Water Board Announcements
- State Water Board Votes to Adopt Work Plan for Bay Delta Rescue, 93 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- San Joaquin River Flow Workshop scheduled for 17 September 2008, 102 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Sanitary Sewer System Overflow Training Available
The State Water Resources Control Board has adopted general Waste Discharge Requirements applicable to all sanitary sewer systems. The California Water Environment Association, in collaboration with the State Water Board, has developed a training program to assist you in compliance with the SSO requirements. Information on the training materials and classes can be found at: at http://www.cwea.org/et-ssowdr.shtml. We urge you to take advantage of this assistance in reducing sanitary sewer overflows and complying with the General Order.
- Water Boards' Strategic Plan Update
- Water-Related Events Calendar
- More State Water Board Announcements
*Downloading Large Files
Please allow sufficient time for the file to download completely. Depending on your internet connection service, browser version and computer speed, downloading may take 15 minutes or more for files that are larger than 1 MB. Some browsers, such as certain versions of Internet Explorer, do not show the progress of the download, making it appear that nothing is happening.