- State & Regional Water Boards
- Laws & Regulations
- Plans & Policies
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
March 15/16, 2001 Public Meeting and Agenda
The purpose of this meeting is for the Board to obtain testimony and information from concerned and affected parties and to make decisions based on the information received.
Persons who want to submit written comments or evidence on any agenda item must comply with the Meeting Procedures described at the end of the listing of Agenda items. Persons wishing to speak at the meeting should complete an attendance card and provide it to staff. Although otherwise filling out the attendance card is voluntary, we do appreciate receiving a card from all persons in attendance.
Persons applying for, or actively supporting or opposing, waste discharge requirements before the Board must comply with legal requirements if they or their agents have or propose contributing $250 or more to a Board member for an election campaign. Contact the Board office for details if you fall into this category.
Items showing times will begin no sooner than indicated. Items are numbered for identification purposes only and may not be considered in order. They may, however, be delayed by previous items.
Technical questions regarding agenda items should be directed to the responsible staff person whose name and direct phone number are indicated by the agenda item. If no staff person is listed, or for general questions and requests for agenda material, please contact Janice Tanaka at (916) 255-3018.
The facility is accessible to people with disabilities. Individuals requiring special accommodations are requested to contact Ms.Tanaka at (916) 255-3018 at least 5 working days prior to the meeting. TTY users may contact the California Relay Service at 1-800-735-2929 or voice line at 1-800-735-2922.
A listing of pending applications for Water Quality Certifications, pursuant to section 401 of the Federal Clean Water Act, may be obtained from the Regional Board's Web Page at www.swrcb.ca.gov/programs/index.html or by calling Pat Gillum at (916) 255-3000.
The Agenda for this meeting begins on the next page.
Thursday, 15 March 2001- 1:00 p.m.
1. Introductions, pledge of allegiance, and approval of minutes of the 437th Regular Meeting of 26 January 2001.
2. Meeting Rules and Procedures
3. Staff Recognition
4. Board Member Communications - Regional Board Members and the State Board Liaison Member may discuss meetings, communications, correspondence, or other items of general interest relating to matters within the Board's jurisdiction. There will be no voting or formal action taken.
6. Public Forum - Any member of the public may address the Board on any matter within the Board's jurisdiction and not scheduled for consideration at this meeting (5 minute time limit per subject) - 1:00 p.m.
7. FY 2001-2002 State Revolving Fund Loan Program Priority List - >Consideration of Adoption [Karen Niiya (916) 255-3362]
8. Contra Costa Sanitary Landfill,TRC Companies Inc. and GBF Holdings, LLC., Contra Costa County - Consideration of Cease and Desist Order [Ross Atkinson (916) 255-3814]
9. Royal Mountain King Mine, Meridian Beartrack Company, Meridian Gold Company, R.E. and Mamie Lee Grimes Ruel and Laverne Wilson and Felix Mining Company, Calaveras County - Consideration of Revised Waste Discharge Requirements and Cease and Desist Order [Polly Lowry (916) 255-3127]
WASTE DISCHARGE REQUIREMENTS
10. Imperial Sugar Company, Holly Sugar Company dba, Spreckels Sugar Company
- Consideration of Waste Discharge Requirements for the following facilities:
a. Spreckels Sugar Company Tracy Facility, San Joaquin County (revision) [Ross Atkinson (916) 255-3814]
b. Spreckels Sugar Company Woodland Facility, Yolo County (revision) [Bill Brattian (916) 255-3122]
11. Consideration of Two Food Processing Waste Discharge Requirements [Wendy Wyels (916) 255-3135]
a. John Hancock Life Insurance Company, Inc.; Signature Fruit, LLC; and Beard Land Improvement Company, Signature Fruit Plants 7 and R, Stanislaus County (revision) [Anne Olson (916) 255-3140]
b. Pat Mitchell and California Natural Products, San Joaquin County (revision) [Tim O'Brien (916) 255-3116]
12. Tuolumne Utilities District, Sonora Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant, And Jamestown Sanitary District, Jamestown Wastewater Treatment Plant, Quartz Reservoir Discharges, Tuolumne County - Consideration of New NPDES Permit [Joseph Henao (916) 255-3028]
13. City of Vacaville, Easterly Wastewater Treatment Plant, Elmira, Solano County - Consideration of NPDES Permit Renewal and Cease and Desist Order [Renan Jauregui (916) 255-3030]
Friday, 16 March 2001 - 8:30 a.m. INTRODUCTIONS
14. Introductions, and pledge of allegiance.
15. The Board will be asked to approve items 32 through 37 with no discussion if no one is here to testify about them; see pages 4, 5 & 6 for description/listing of items - 8:30 a.m.
16. Procter and Gamble Manufacturing Company, Sacramento County - Consideration of NPDES Permit Renewal [Ryan Lodge (916) 255-3114]
17. Sacramento County Public Works Agency, Kiefer Landfill Ground Water Extraction and Treatment System, Sacramento County - Consideration of NPDES Permit Renewal [Ryan Lodge (916) 255-3114]
18. City of Willows, Wastewater Treatment Plant, Glenn County - Consideration of NPDES Permit Renewal [Kyle Ericson (916) 255-3060]
19. City of Davis, Wastewater Treatment Plant, Yolo County - Consideration of NPDES Permit Renewal [Kathy Harder (916) 255-3378]
20. Nevada County Sanitation District No. 1, Cascade Shores Wastewater Treatment Plant, Nevada County - Consideration of NPDES Permit Renewal [Christyl Escarda (916) 255-3061]
21. United Auburn Indian Community, Auburn Rancheria Casino Wastewater Treatment Plant, Placer County - Consideration of New NPDES Permit [Elizabeth Thayer (916) 255-3071]
WASTE DISCHARGE REQUIREMENTS
22. City of Loyalton, Wastewater Treatment Plant, Sierra County - Consideration of Revised Waste Discharge Requirements and Rescission of Cease and Desist Order [Molly Hennessey (916) 255-3381]
23. City of Marysville, Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation Facility, Yuba County - Consideration of Updated Waste Discharge Requirements [Dan Little (916) 255-2974]
24. Mariani Packing Company, Incorporated, Plant No. 2, Prune Dehydrator, Yuba County - Consideration of Waste Discharge Requirements [George Lockwood (916) 255-3054]
25. Regulation of Municipal Wastewater Discharges to Land - A Status Report [Bert Van Voris (559) 445-5079]
26. Rexland Acres Community, Kern County - Consideration of a Resolution Approving and Accepting the Kern County Health Officer's Declaration of Potential Water Pollution and a Time Schedule [Jo Anne Kipps (559) 445-5035]
27. Department of Pesticide Regulation's Management Practices for Rice Pesticides - Consideration of Approval of Practices for the 2001 through 2003 Rice Seasons [Rudy Schnagl (916) 255-3101]
28. Central Valley Region Abandoned and Recalcitrant Site Priority List for FY 2001-2002- Consideration of Adoption [Gordon Lee Boggs (916) 255-3139]
29. Restructure Petroleum Marketing Services Inc., Day and Nite Mini Marts Inc. and Mother Load Real Investors, 39 Preston Avenue, Ione, Amador County - Consideration of Administrative Civil Liability Order [Kirk Larson (916) 255-3134]
30. Richard Wilmshurst and Louise B. Hall Wilmshurst Trust, Former Underground Storage Tanks at 238 West St. Charles Street, San Andreas, Calaveras County - Consideration of Administrative Civil Liability Order [Kirk Larson (916) 255-3134]
31. Closed Session - The Regional Board may meet in closed session to consider personnel matters [Authority: Government Code Section 11126(a)], to discuss either matters in litigation or decisions to initiate litigation [Authority: Government Code Section 11126(e)], or to deliberate on a decision to be reached based upon evidence introduced in a hearing [Authority: Government Code Section 11126(c)(3) Items that may be discussed: CVRWQCB v. Masami Cattle Ranch, Inc. et al., Tehama County Superior Court Case No. 47049; CVRWQCB v. Cedar Point Properties, et al, Plumas County Superior Court Case No. 19897; United States v. Aerojet-General Corporation, et al., CIVS 86-08083 and CVRWQCB et al. v. Aerojet-General Corporation, et al, County of Sacramento Superior Court Case No. 286073, Consolidated with Case Nos. 288302 and 291981; American States Water Company, et al., v. CVRWQCB et al., Sacramento County Superior Court Case No. 99 AS 05947; Regents of the University of California v. CVRWQCB, Yolo County Case No. PT98-1540; Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District v. State Water Resources Control Board, et al., Sacramento County Superior Court Case No. 98CS01702, State of California, Department of Toxic Substances Control and CVRWQCB v. Iron Mountain Mines, Inc. et al., U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Calif., Case No. CIV-S-91-1167-DFL-PAN and United States v. Iron Mountain Mines, Inc. et al., U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Calif., Case No. S-91-0768 DFL/JFM; State of California ex rel California Integrated Waste Management Board et al. v. Edward Joseph Filbin et al. (Filbin Tire Fire); Franklin Tract Land Owners Assoc. v. SWRCB, et al., Sacramento County Superior Court No. 98CS03286.
Adjourn to the 26/27 April 2001 meeting in Fresno.
UNCONTESTED ITEMS CALENDAR
Uncontested items are expected to be routine and noncontroversial; recommendations will be acted on without discussion. If any interested party, Board, or staff member requests discussion, the item may be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar and taken up in the regular agenda order, or in an order determined by the Board Chair - 8:30 a.m.
32. City of Placerville, Hangtown Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant, El Dorado County - Consideration of NPDES Permit Renewal and Cease and Desist Order [Kyle Ericson (916) 255-3060]
33. Uncontested NPDES Permits
a. Special Order for Southern California Edison Company, Balsam Meadow
Hydroelectric Project, Eastwood Powerhouse Facility, Fresno (revision)
b. Fresno Metropolitan Flood Control District, City of Fresno, City of Clovis, County of Fresno, and California State University Fresno, Urban Stormwater Discharges, Fresno County (renewal)
c. City of Williams, Wastewater Treatment Plant, Colusa County (renewal)
d. United States Department of Agriculture and the University of California, Davis, Aquatic Weed Control Laboratory, Yolo and Solano Counties (renewal)
WASTE DISCHARGE REQUIREMENTS (Land Disposal)
34. Uncontested Water Recycling Requirements
a. Sierra Valley Ranch, Jack Sparrowk and RCK Ranches, LLC dba Sierra Valley
Ranch and Bar One Cattle Company, Sierra County (new)
b. Bruce and Mary Jenkins, Water Recycling Project, Yuba County (new)
35. Uncontested Waste Discharge Requirements Rescissions
a. The Texas Company, Coalinga Oil Field, Fresno County, Resolution No.
b. Ross O. Nelson, Ronco Lease, Jasmin Oil Field, Kern County, Resolution No. 68-207
c. California Department of Transportation, Lemoore Maintenance Station, Kings County, Order No. 70-203
d. City of Shafter, Wastewater Treatment Facility, Kern County, Order No. 86-031
e. Keene Water District, Black Mountain Wastewater Treatment Facility, Kern County, Order No. 92-030
f. 4J Corporation, Kings County, Order No. 93-148
g. Olivehurst Public Utilities District, Plumas Lake Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation Facility, Yuba County Order No. 94-329
h. Amber Foods, Inc., and Jocy Pollard, Fruit Processing Facility, Tulare County, Order No. 96-168
i. Siskon Gold Corporation, San Juan Ridge Mine East Workings, Nevada County Order No. 97-021
j. High Sierra Music Inc. and Bruce Orvis III, Waste Discharge to Land, Alpine County, Order No. 99-073
36. Uncontested Change of Name and/or Ownership for Waste Discharge Requirements
a. Chevron USA, Inc., Kern County, Order No. 58-512
b. Case, Clofas, Oil Co., Fresno County, Order No. 59-221
c. Pace Western Corp., Kern County, Order No. 59-253
d. E & B Natural Resources, San Benito County, Order No. 69-190
e. Deep Moon Mining Company, Deep Moon Mine, Sierra County, Order No. 88-103
f. Oak Lane Mobile Village, Oak Lane Mobile Village, Order no. 90-144
g. Bio Gro Division of Wheelabrator, Richard Emigh Livestock, Order No. 94-140
h. Bio Gro Division of Wheelabrator, Richard Emigh Livestock II, Order No. 94-140
i. Bio Gro Division of Wheelabrator, Hamilton Brothers, Order No. 94-140
j. Bio Gro Division of Wheelabrator, Mark Esperson, Order No. 94-140
k. Bio Gro Division of Wheelabrator, HKM Farms, Order No. 94-140
l. Bio Gro Division of Wheelabrator, Duncan McCormack I, Order No. 94-140
m. Bio Gro Division of Wheelabrator, Duncan McCormack II, Order No. 94-140
n. Bio Gro Division of Wheelabrator, Freese Brothers, Order No. 94-140
o. Bio Gro Division of Wheelabrator, Meyer & Anderson, Order No. 94-140
p. Bio Gro Division of Wheelabrator, Lucile Wineman, Order No. 94-140
q. Basic Vegetable Products, L.P. Modesto Facility and Kraft General Foods, Inc., Stanislaus County, Order No. 98-143
r. Heller Financial, Clayton Regency Mobile Home Park, Contra Costa County, Order No. 5-01-035
s. Contra Costa Sanitary Landfill, Contra Costa County, Order No. 5-00-168
37. Uncontested Waste Discharge Requirements
a. John Hancock Life Insurance Company, Inc. and Signature Fruit LLC,
Signature Fruit Plant No. 4, San Joaquin County (revision)
b. Rite of Passage Athletic Training Campus, Sierra Ridge Wastewater Treatment Plant, Calaveras County (revision)
c. Woodbridge Partners, Inc., Victor Fine Foods Facility, San Joaquin County (revision)
d. Sierra Pacific Industries, Inc., Feather River Division, Loyalton Mill Sierra County (update)
e. Browning-Ferris Industries of California, Inc., for Post-Closure Maintenance, Chestnut Avenue Landfill, Fresno County (update)
f. City of Avenal, for Operation, City of Avenal Solid Waste Disposal Site, Kings County (update)
g. Pinecrest Permittees Association, Tuolumne Utilities District, and United States Forest Service, Pinecrest Wastewater Treatment Plant, Tuolumne County (update)
h. Jamestown Sanitary District, Jamestown Sanitary District Wastewater Treatment Plant, Tuolumne County (update)
i. Kautz Vineyards, Inc., Hay Station Ranch, John and Gail Kautz, Ironstone Vineyards, Calaveras County (update)